Wednesday, February 1, 2012

I thought Duke was Getting Married

So Duke's title made me think he put a ring on it too until I actually read his post. Damn, we could have had a sweet double wedding.

Big news for me is obviously that I'm getting married to some chick I hardly know. There's tax benefits though so there's that. Also, by marrying a future doctor I greatly increased my chances of getting away with being a stay at home dad someday. Most likely wedding date: June 1, 2013 so MARK YOUR CALENDARS NOW. It will be in the beautiful city of Grand Rapids. It is also really far away which means procrastination of planning and Suz freaking out for 18 months. Yay.

I'm also graduating this semester, which is weird. Not sure how the adult world functions or what it's like to be making money instead of spending it. I have already vowed that I will not class up my liquor tastes. Black Velvet will always be my favorite. Although they don't sell it in Cali (because it's Canadian) so I've been panicking about what to do. I'm thinking of buying a case of it in Indiana (yes, they sell it by the case there) if I drive across country to Cali again.

I'll be in the G-Rap for a year bribing and arbitrarily influencing a federal judge before permanently relocating to Los Angeles with the missus to work at a big evil law firm there. Odds on me lasting more than 2 years are slim. Nathan's going to move out to San Francisco to be closer to me (I hope) and I expect you all to do the same.

The week starting February 25th I'll be on spring break. I would love to do another Sybil reunion on one of those weekends. Maybe this time in NYC because I've never been there although I would also be up to doing Baltimore/DC again. I've been practicing my wine walking. I will also be free most of May so I would be up for doing a reunion then too.

Glad to hear those of you who have posted are doing well since the only one I ever see is James (sometimes we go to bars in Farmington on dates. His parents sometimes serve as our designated drivers too, no lie). Hopefully I'll be able to see you guys soon.

Until then, I will be busy making an Afghan for Nathan's mom. I'm also writing a country song for her.

<33333

William "Silly Pony" Briggs, esq.

1 comment:

  1. My Mom loves you more than me, Bill. Way to rub it in. As revenge, I'm going to tell her that you're making her an Afghan so she'll get her hopes up and I'll fall back into her relative favor when you don't follow through.

    ReplyDelete